Re: [Xen-API] Plans for VM_metrics in XAPI?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Josh West <jwest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:06:20 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:06:56 +0000

Have you tried this, after installing xen tools within the guest? Same issue?

On 03/27/2013 11:22 AM, Olivier Lambert wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are currently working on Xen Orchestra (https://xen-orchestra.com)

We've got a question about XAPI and especially about VM_metrics and
VM_guest_metrics (on XCP1.6 host). So far, that's we've got from
VM_metrics:
- VCPUs_number = OK with the right number when the VM is ON
- VCPUs_utilisation = empty
- VCPUs_CPU = empty
- VCPUs_flags = empty
- VCPUs_params = empty
- VCPUs_utilisation = empty
- state = empty

And for VM_guest_metrics:
- disks = empty
- memory = empty
- other_config = empty

We tested those results with our code (PHP) and cross check with
Python bindings: same results. But withing XenCenter and xe command
line, we saw those missing data.

Our conclusion is those metrics are not implemented in XAPI. Is that
correct? If yes, do you have plans to get those values?

We saw another way (http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XAPI_RRDs) but it's
another development for getting these data properly.

Thanks.

Josh West
http://www.foundation.io