Re: [Xen-API] moving from Xenserver to XCP, possible?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: David Bomba <turbo124@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:47:48 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:48:03 +0000

Just though I would update the list in case anyone else has this problem.

We carefully scanned the templates we create in XenServer, comparing them to those that are created by default in XCP.

It appears that in XenServer we didn't set any platform flags. After copying over the platform flags from XCP templates into XS templates these VMs started correctly.

I'm not sure of the exact reason why these specific flags are required by XCP 1.6 and not XS 6.1.