Re: [Xen-API] how to compile XCP source?

On 03/03/13 23:49, George Shuklin wrote:
Thank you!

It's absolutely amazing.

PS I was able to do this on generic CentOS5.9 machine with few installed
packages from binpkg.iso and source-X.iso. I'll retry to get minimal
amount of steps and report here.

But now I'm stuck with next step. After I successfully build src.rpm,
install it to system and start building (rpmbuild -bb
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/xapi.spec) I got this:

      File not found: /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/etc/xapi.d/plugins/DRAC.pyo
      File not found: /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/etc/xapi.d/plugins/DRAC.pyc
      File not found:
/var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/etc/xapi.d/plugins/extauth-hook-AD.pyo
      File not found: /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/etc/xapi.d/plugins/iLO.pyo
      File not found: /var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/etc/xapi.d/plugins/iLO.pyc
(skip)
      File not found:
/var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigure.pyc
      File not found:
/var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureBridge.pyo
      File not found:
/var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureBridge.pyc
      File not found:
/var/tmp/xapi-0.2-root/opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureVswitch.pyo

I think I'll find way to ship them inside srpm or change spec, but
...pyc files, should they be packed in rpm? I checked repository and
found that xapi.spec file contains them.

Hi George,

I think that there's a build/package step missing somewhere that compiles those python files, but I'm not sure where. I'd have thought that rpmbuild might have done it, but I don't know for sure. Maybe to unblock yourself just remove those pyo/pyc files from your spec file? I assume that you're mostly worried about packaging Xapi at the moment, not those python files.

And thanks for submitting that github issue about the missing quotes. It should be resolved now.

Mike