From: Philipp M. Kau [mailto:philipp.kau@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:53 AM
To: Ryan Miller
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] vmware to XCP?

Yes, I'm currently doing this with some machines running on an ancient VMware Server 2.0. I suppose this going to work for ESX 3.x and vSphere 4.x as well.

I'm using VMware's OVF Tool to convert the machines to OVF and then import them in XCP. After that I boot the machine in HVM-mode, reconfigure the virtual machine for paravirtualization and reboot in PV-mode.

Regards,

Philipp

--

Philipp M. Kau