[Xen-API] CPU Masking, VLAN/OpenVswitch, and pool member removal

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Alex O'Ree" <spyhunter99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:05:27 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:05:49 +0000

Does XCP 1.6 support CPU masking? i.e. joining machines with similar
but different CPU's to the same pool? I see that it's available on the
citrix mid term product, but is it also in the open source version?

Open vSwitch/VLANs. If I have two hosts (connected via a switch) in a
pool, each with a guest assigned to the same VLAN, what do i need to
do in order for them to communicate. If both guests run on the same
host, they can communicate without any issues. I was under the
assumption that when pooling machines, there effectively is a single
vswitch that is pool wide. From my experiments, I'm assuming that this
is incorrect and that additional work needs to be done. Is there a how
to guide for setting this up?

Final question, is there a way to remove a member from a pool if the
member is no longer network accessible? (I.e. the machine failed and
was decommissioned forever)

Thanks for the info