[Xen-API] XenTools 6.1 update for XCP 1.6. How?

Hi all,

There is well known bug in XenServer 6.1 when Windows VMs hang/freeze during intensive disk operation (presumably due to race condition somewhere in xentools drivers in multi-vCPU Windows systems).

Best description and discussion of mentioned problem would be found thereÂhttp://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=314906&start=0&tstart=0

In our production site (pooledÂdual XCP 1.6 final) we've expected above problem for every Windows XP 32 bit VM as well as for Windows 2003 Servers 32-bit. While Windows 2008/2008R2 servers work fine.

Last year Citrix published temporary workaround for above problem - reduce vCPU to 1 forÂaffected VMs. It's really helps but could be used in low/middle CPU loadÂenvironment.
Another workaround were found by someone in community - previous version from XenTools - exactly XS602E009 works fine.

Everything stated above has been detailed in very tricky (as per my opinion) Citrix article there http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX135099.

Recently Citrix published long awaited pair of Hot Fixes - ÂXS61E009 and XS61E010.

XS61E009 (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136252) contains patches for some core functions (xapi-core, xapi-xenopsd, xapi-firmware) while XS61E010 (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136253) provides xentools replacement. What's more interest xentools from XS61E010 contains new and legacy drivers - new with Windows 8/Server 2012 support while legacy - just renamed tools from XS602E009.ÂIn XS61E010's installation prerequisites stated that it can't be implemented without XS61E009.

So, finally, my question is - is there some way to deploy core patches from XS61E009 into XCP 1.6?Â
Or I just can use legacy windows driver from XS61E010 to workaround VM hang/freeze issue?

--Â
WBR

Sergey Kruchatov