Re: [Xen-API] A question of Virtual Disk(VHD) size in thin provisioning NFS SR

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:34:37 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:34:51 +0000

difference between disk size in OS (blockdev --getsize64 /dev/xvda) and VHD size is thin provision stuff.

difference between du and caused by holes in file (sparce file).

Please note, that VDI can consists from few VHD files (so called VHD tree). That usually happens with cross-pool migration, snapshots and vm clonning.