Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 04:18:00 +0400
From: george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx
To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Guest Utilities

If you running PV virtual machine, guest tools is simple formality. All 'guest tools' is consisted from few shell scripts, running in background (with few sleeps inside) and reporting information from VM to dom0. If you running HVM linux (why??), it should able to use PV drivers anyway (... I think so, never had that experience).

In short: all modern linuxes should ran on XCP without guest tools without any performance issues.