Re: [Xen-API] qos_algorithm_type=ratelimit (George Shuklin)

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Matthew Spah <spahmatthew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:38:32 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:38:46 +0000

14.01.2013 03:55, Matthew Spah ?????:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I'm currently testing and documenting the qos parameters for VIF
>> interfaces. I've set up two VMs with VIF interfaces attached to an
>> internal network. I've set the following qos parameters on each VIF
>> interface.
>>
>> /xe vif-param-set uuid=<VIF UUID> qos_algorithm_type=ratelimit/
>> /xe vif-param-set uuid=<VIF UUID> qos_algorithm_params:kbps=100/
>> iperf is showing me bandwidth rates between the two VMS that aren't
>> limited to 100 kbps. Am I missing something?
>>
>kbps is not kbps, but a KiloBYTESperSecond. Really strange, but it is.
>kbps=12 will make it 100kpbs.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I will go ahead and compare my results to what everyone is telling me. Are there any plans to change this acronym?

Can I expect the same results with mbps? (Mbps=MBps)

--
- Matthew Spah
Computer Information Sciences Tutor for Everett Community College

"And all we ever were
Just zeroes and ones" - Trent Reznor

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." - Woodrow T. Wilson