Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] Getting into shape for GSOC 2013

On 7 Jan 2013, at 16:39, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 16:27 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>>
>> Ideas for GSOC:
>>
>> - Support microcode update bundled in with the initrd in Xen.
>>  Here is the Linux side of it comes out looking:
>>  http://markmail.org/thread/ewrs7fa66knfwzbo
>>
>> - Write Xen PV Architecture Book/Manual/whatever. We have been
>>  slowly going through the PV architecture and documenting it.
>>  It would nice to have somebody full-time doing it and asking
>>  questions. And then the answers would be written in this book.
>>

> IIRC the documentation-only project will not be accepted.

So turn it into an executable specification and use that to generate
fuzz tests as well as documentation.

In particular, doing this for more than just hypercalls, but also for
the ring protocols (to find bugs in the backend drivers) would be a
useful regression harness.  Throw in all the latest additions like
multipage rings and various frontend options, and you will certainly
shake out a few bugs (I just accidentally found a netback crash that
I'm reporting separately).

-anil