Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6 VM.get_all_records API Call hanging

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:44:14 +0550, xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been playing with Xen Cloud Platform 1.6 in the lab and have been
> noticing some strange behaviour when using the API to drive it. Using
> XenCenter worked some of the time but then appeared to freeze, not refresh
> and then on re-connecting get stuck on "Synchronising". I put this down to
> the client software and switched instead to writing my own client interface
> using Ruby and the FOG libraries. This worked well but I started seeing the
> same lock-ups. After digging about I realised that it always locks up at the
> same point namely the VM.get_all_records call.
>
> The call is received as the xensource.log shows:
>
> xapi: [debug|xcp-test2|105923 INET 0.0.0.0:80|dispatch:VM.get_all_records
> D:7f14fc2bea45|api_readonly] VM.get_all_records
>
> But nothing is received and the clients TCP connection times out.
>
> This problem happens for well over 50% of the calls made to the API so I am
> interested to know if anyone else is having this problem?

Your Cluster Host Count and VM count ( ON & OFF ) will be  helpful.

Usual errors are to be checked in xensource.log, messages, kern.log

Try to get only list of VM ids and then do a get_record for each VM to see if
you get caught in same problem