Re: [Xen-API] help on - massive logging in /var/log/messages hang XCP VMs

  • To: kiran pawar <kinpaa@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: John Else <john.else@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:46:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:45:59 +0000

(cc’ing xen-api)

Hi Kiran,

It would technically be possible to modify the fe daemon to allow the option of redirecting qemu’s output to an arbitrary location, but plumbing this through to the xen-api level to make it usable would be a lot of work, and since this is a very unusual use case I don’t think it’s likely to happen.

As I said in #xen-api, I think you’d be better off writing this data to a disk mounted on the guest – transferring this much information really isn’t what the guest -> qemu -> syslog data path is designed for.

John