Re: [Xen-API] how to use api

  • To: claytonly <claytonly@xxxxxxx>, xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: John Else <john.else@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:36:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:36:11 +0000

Hi Clayton,

API bindings are generated for XenServer in C, C#, Java and Powershell â you can use these with XCP, and theyâre available here:

http://community.citrix.com/cdn/xs/sdks/

You may also be interested in the SDK guide: http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/6.1.0/1.0/en_gb/sdk.html

âand the API reference: http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/6.1.0/1.0/en_gb/api/

If you want to use Python, the easiest thing to do is copy the helper module which is at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/XenAPI.py on an XCP host.

The API bindings are really just a thin wrapper around XMLRPC, so with a bit more effort you should be able to use the XCP API from any language with an XMLRPC library.

Hope this helps,

John