Re: [Xen-API] What is XCP iso 'under-the-hood'?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andreas Hilboll <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:43:01 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:43:15 +0000

Hi Andrew,

thanks again for your clarification and extensive answer!

> yum --enablerepo=base --disablerepo=citrix install <PACKAGE>
>
> In my example I mentioned screen.
>
> This just means it disables the citrix updates repo and enables the base
> centos repo for searching for the desired package.

Okay, no big surprise here. What I don't get is why you explicitly
disable the citrix repo? From apt based systems, I would just do

   apt-get install screen

and if screen isn't contained in the citrix repo, it would automatically
be taken from the main Debian repository. So where does the need to
disable the citrix repo come from?

Cheers, Andreas.