Re: [Xen-API] Attach CD or Removable Devices/Toolstack Choice

On 09/12/12 20:23, George Shuklin wrote:
> I think this is bad idea.
>
> JFYI: If xapi see some 'stray' domUs during start it kill them. All of
> them, except dom0. And 'stray' domain is domain not managed by xapi.

Yes, I'm surprised you found it useful in XenServer/XCP for anything
other than status checking commands. You can certainly install these
commands in Ubuntu, but I believe that the /etc/default/xen TOOLSTACK
parameter will need to be set to xm or xl for those commands to work. We
did that on purpose so that xm/xl and xe would be mutually exclusive.

Mike