[Xen-API] XCP 1.6 xenconsole freezes

  • To: Xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 00:26:15 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 08:27:14 +0000

Our team has noticed that the /usr/lib/xen/binxenconsole has stopped working on all XCP 1.6 systems (including final). We initially thought it was a problem with running XCP inside of VirtualBox which we do on occasion. Upon moving our physical hosts to XCP 1.6 we also noticed that it's happeningÂconsistentlyÂon real XCP 1.6 hosts as well. Using the XCP VM install tutorials I wrote hereÂresults in a hung terminal. During the kickstart/preseed installs the console does output garbled data so you can tell when the install is over but it's not legible enough to interact with the installer. Once the VM has rebooted and you try to log in the console just hangs. Sometimes after about 5-10 minutes it will show the login prompt but then be unresponsive. These tutorials work for XCP 1.0 to 1.5b.Â

Anyone have any idea why?Â

Grant McWilliams
Xenapi Admin Documentation Project
http://xenapi-admin-project.github.com/xenapi-admin-docs/