[Xen-API] How can I automate keymap selection in an answerfile?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rhubarb Sin <rhubarbsin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:11:14 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:47:51 +0000

My environment depends heavily on unattended installations via PXE,
and I've had this problem from XCP 1.1 to the latest 1.6.10. I don't
know whether it affects XenServer as I don't use that; I've found no
on-line references to this problem on either platform.

Although my answerfile specifies the keymap and all other necessary
details for an unattended installation, the installer always goes
interactive to "Select Keymap" so I have to choose "[qwerty] us"
before it proceeds with the rest of the installation automatically.

Here is my abbreviated answerfile.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <installation mode="fresh" srtype="lvm">
    <primary-disk>sda</primary-disk>
    <keymap>us</keymap>
    <root-password>root!!!</root-password>
    <source type="nfs">install.xxxxxx.xxx:/srv/nfs/XCP/1.6</source>
    <time-config-method>ntp</time-config-method>
    <timezone>America/New_York</timezone>
  </installation>

According to
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/6.0.0/1.0/en_gb/installation.html#pxe_boot_install-pxe_answerfile,
this should work:

      <keymap>us</keymap>

According to
http://blog.vhowto.info/2010/10/02/xenserver-5-6-unattended-installation/,
it should instead follow the ISO 639 standard, so I tried this:

      <keymap>en</keymap>

In vain, I have tried other variations, as well. I think either I just
don't have the correct value or this is a bug. Does anyone have the
keymap specification working in an answerfile?