Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6b3 to 1.6b4 Rolling Pool Update not working

Hi Alan,

There is no severe bug in the upgrade wizard. I have done multiple pool upgrades with latest XC6.1 for most of the XCP1.6b versions and it works without any issues.

There was only one thing to my notice which can be called as bug - In normal scenario, while the RPU ( Rolling Pool Upgrade ) there comes Green Up arrow Icon in front of the server in left pane. This was missing in XCP 1.6b4 and XS6.1.

Somehow Xencenter was unable to change the icons indicating that there is a RPU. If one tries to start VMs or migrate VMs on an older version host of same pool it will not work and expected error is shown. Also note that the XS changes the product string from XCP to Xenserver while upgrade.

Regards,
Rushikesh