Re: [Xen-API] using python

Hi Ionut,

I'm new around here and with xen so bare with me please. :)

I want to use python to extend a project that I'm working on to add
support for xen.

I was looking at xl and its python bindings for libxenlight but they are
not compiled by default and I see that is a work in progress.

What is the best solution to use python at this time?

a large part of xcp management code is written in python, and there are some api for interacting with it. You may find some sample source code on the internet (search with the keywords xenserver and python). For example:

http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/XenServer+Python+API+Samples

Python scripting with xcp works fine and we were happy to automate some tasks.

Cheers,

Denis

This body part will be downloaded on demand.

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems