Re: [Xen-API] [XCP 1.6 beta] PVHVM: "Xen Platform: blacklisted by host"

On 02/11/12 13:22, Sergey Buravlev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Linux OS's (all in my case) in PVonHWM mode does not use PV drivers for
> block devices and nic's with message:

<snip>

> All these kernels successfuly unplug emulated devices and use PV drivers
> on XCP 1.5 (although Ubuntu 12.10 and Fedora 17 did not found a cd-rom
> for continue intallation, but blkfront and netfront switched to PV mode
> in these kerners). So, it seems that the PVonHVM simply disabled.
> The only similar situation I found at Citrix forum:
> http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=315560&tstart=0, and I'm
> afraid that I do something completenly wrong. Can anybody point me to
> right direction? or is where a really bug in XCP or Xen?
> Since I have not an idea what side I need looking for, I don't put any
> debug information in this post, and, of course, will give required.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sergey.

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the email. It turns out that this is a known bug in
XCP/XenServer. It has to do with a PCI platform ID conflict between the
Linux kernel and our QEMU. There is a patch for this that I plan on
incorporating into the next release of XCP 1.6.

Mike