Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6 and enhanced Ubuntu 12.04 support

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Wouter van der Schagt <wouter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning,

Weâre trying out XCP 1.6, beta #2 and couldnât get Ubuntu 12.04 â 64 bit version to install. The error message received during the installation was:

Warning: Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-depends --install /var/cache/apt/archives/debconf_1.5.42ubuntu1_all.deb

Earlier on forums and mailing lists I read that this was a known issue, suggested to disable ACPI, though Iâve no idea on how to do that using XenCenter.

The new release notes might suggest this could be fixed, but I cannot get it to work. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem or does anybody have a solution?

Sincerely,

Wouter van der Schagt

Wouter,Â

My tutorial for installing Ubuntu 12.04 using a preseed file seems to work fine. I don't use Ubuntu but I created this due to a request by one of my readers. I had to work through several problems but your problem wasn't one of them. You might want to try out the tutorial just to see if it works for you. It's a copy and paste howto and will get you a new VM in about 20 minutes I think.Â

http://grantmcwilliams.com/item/631-ubuntu1204-on-xcp

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.