Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.6 beta #3 cannot upgrade from Beta #2

On 02/11/12 09:19, Roald Andersen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I’ve been running XCP 1.6 beta #2 (build 61002c) in a pool of several
> servers.
>
> I wanted to do an upgrade to beta#3, but the new beta #3 does not
> recognize the existing installation on the machine. When I am booting
> from the new ISO you see a brief “checking for previous versions”, but
> after that it continues with a normal installation, asks me the keyboard
> settings, the harddisk partitioning, nic settings, etc.
>
> I didn’t continue after seeing this, because I’m afraid it will
> completely overwrite my existing installation.
>
> Normally it should recognize an existing version, and notify me of this,
> right?

Yes, that's correct. I would have expected to be able to upgrade between
beta releases. I'm going to look into this today. I'll fix it so that
we'll be able to upgrade between the current beta releases to the next
release (whether that release is another beta or a final release, I'm
not sure yet).

Mike