Re: [Xen-API] Fwd: [XCP-1.6-BETA] Announcing XCP 1.6 beta 3

On 01/11/12 02:08, Black Bird wrote:
> Should the installer be able to upgrade from XCP 1.6 Beta 2 to Beta 3?

I had thought that the answer was yes, but I've had enough complaints to
the contrary to think that this might not work. I don't know if we'll
release another beta at this point, or go straight to a "final" release,
but I will make sure that we can upgrade from 1.6 betas 1, 2 and 3 to
whatever comes next.

I haven't tested this yet, but I imagine that it would be possible to
upgrade between betas if you were to "downgrade" each host by changing
the PLATFORM_VERSION from 1.6.X to 1.5.0, or something, and then
upgrading. The host installer only checks the file
/etc/xensource-inventory when it decides if an upgrade is possible.

I am aware of reports that upgrading from 1.1 to 1.6 doesn't work, and I
plan on fixing that as well.

Mike