Re: [Xen-API] patch for upgrade from 1.1 to 1.6 (was : Re: Fwd: XCP 1.6 BETA BUG: direct upgrade from XCP1.1.0 to XCP1.6 Beta failing)

On 22/10/12 14:52, Denis Cardon wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>> Follow up email, just to confirm that the rolling pool upgrade was
>> successful on my 3 hosts.  On each host, the procedure provided by Yvan
>> was repeated and the host detected the previous installation and carried
>> out the upgrade
>
> I've noticed that the install iso
> http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/61002c/XCP-1.6-beta-61002c.iso have not
> been updated since 10 days.

I've been away on a training course last week, sorry.

> There has been this bug report in the upgrade process by blackbird and
> yvan. Do you know if it will be integrated into the final iso or not.
>
> It is not a show blocker since it is only bugging during upgrade and can
> be circumvented, but I think it would be much easier for people
> upgrading if it was included.

I've been working on getting rolling pool upgrades from XCP 1.5 to 1.6
working lately. I've just installed a 1.1 host to test this patch. If it
works the way I'd expect, I'll put it in the final XCP 1.6

> The Xen bug report page
> (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_XCP) just mentions to
> past bug on this list. Is there somewhere else it should be filled?

Nope, this is it. I need to write up the list of known issues, which
include 1) upgrading issues, 2) "XenServer" splash screen on boot from
CD, and 3) an issue with the event system which is causing xapi to use
too much CPU and network bandwidth while XenCenter (or anything
listening to events) is connected.

I'll send out another email soon with a full XCP 1.6 status update.

Mike