Re: [Xen-API] [XCP-1.6-BETA] SXM migration - ping timeouts

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Burnie <burnie@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 23:41:25 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:43:04 +0000

On 10/09/2012 10:39 PM, Vidar Normann wrote:
Actually, I believe this is because it uses gratuitous arp
to let the switch(es) the Xen hosts are connected to become aware that
the VM has moved.

That makes sense. Seems some arp tables (at the switch?) isn't updated
very quickly unless xs-tools is installed. And without network traffic
or link down/up, I guess linux doesn't send arp messages by itself.

Trying to ping from the vm itself during the migration seems to be
a "workaround".

On Oct 9, 2012 10:33 PM, "George Shuklin" <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx