Re: [Xen-API] [XCP 1.6 beta] poor performance while importing vm template

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ben Pfaff <blp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 12:33:23 -0700
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:hvZMoPRjRMqP908t7U/zMHdzXiY=
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:34:36 +0000

SpamMePlease PleasePlease
<spankthespam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would like to report that there's an issue that exists on XCP 1.6
> beta (and 1.1 stable too) that results in very slow vm import/export,
> causing high IO wait and load. The details are below, the machine is
> freshly installed, without any modifications (like md raid, and so
> on):

I've seen this too on older versions of XenServer, specifically
for vm-import.  I haven't used newer versions of XenServer or any
version of XCP much, so I don't know whether the problem still
manifests the same way.