[Xen-API] XCP 1.6 Beta is available -- XCP Test Day scheduled for 9 Oct

Dear Community Members,

Xen.org is happy to announce that XCP 1.6 Beta is available! The release is available from the download page and a feature list is available in the release notes.

This release supersedes the XCP 1.5 beta release. In order to be able to release new XCP versions more efficiently, the XCP team concentrate their efforts on fixing the XCP internal build system issues. We recommend that XCP 1.5 beta users upgrade to XCP 1.6 beta and final when it is released.

XCP User Survey

We are also asking XCP users to contribute to our usage survey, which can be completed from the download page or here. We want to know more about how and why people use XCP, so that we can continue to make it better. You do not have to take the survey, but we highly encourage everyone to participate.

Test Day, October 9th

Because of the great feedback we got from the Xen 4.2 Test Day a month ago, we scheduled a Test Day for XCP (also see XCP 1.6 test instructions). If you find any issues with XCP 1.6 beta, please report them on the xen-api mailing list with the subject line containing [XCP-1.6-BETA].

XCP 1.6 Release Schedule

The release schedule for XCP 1.6 is as follows:
  • XCP 1.6 Beta release: 1 October
  • XCP 1.6 Beta test day: 9 October
  • XCP 1.6 Final release: 24 October
Unless critical bugs are found that cannot be fixed in time for October 24th, we will release XCP 1.6 on October 24th.

Best Regards
Mike McClurg
XCP Project Lead