Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.5: Missing IOMMU- support

Hi Johann,

With Xen 4.x iommu support is enabled by default so no additional boot args are
needed.

It looks like Xen didn't find the ACPI DMAR (IOMMU) table - that would usually
indicate a lack of support in the BIOS for VT-d. Was that trace from a boot
before you upgraded to the latest BIOS? If so please can you post a Xen boot
trace with the latest BIOS. To get maximum info please add "iommu=verbose
loglvl=all" to the Xen part of the boot command line in /boot/extlinux.conf,
e.g.:

label xe
  # XenServer
  kernel mboot.c32
  append /boot/xen.gz iommu=verbose loglvl=all mem=1024G dom0_max_vcpus=4
dom0_mem=752M lowmem_emergency_pool=1M crashkernel=64M@32M console=
vga=mode-0x0311 --- /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=LABEL=root-lpnwoiab ro
xencons=hvc console=hvc0 console=tty0 quiet vga=785 splash ---
/boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img

What is "SmartVirtualization" - is that Gigabyte/Award speak for VT-d/IOMMU? In
my experience most BIOS setup programs have an explicit VT-d option (usually
disabled by default).

Regards,
James