Re: [Xen-API] Xen API with Java on Xen 4.1.2

On 25/06/12 13:25, Esko Mattila wrote:
Hello all,

I am running Xen 4.1.2 on installed on Fedora 16. I would like to
program a monitoring tool for my configuration with Java. I tried the
Java examples for XenServer SDK 6.0 [1], but my Dom0 cannot answer
requests from the client ...

Hi Esko,

Unfortunately, there are two different APIs called XenAPI, and they are very different. You are using the XenServer/XCP API bindings, and those will not work with xend's API. If you want to use those bindings to control a Xen host, you'll have to install XenServer, XCP, or Xapi on Debian/Ubuntu.

You might have luck asking about Xen/xend Java bindings on the xen-users mailing list. Perhaps there is a Java binding for the libvirt API that can talk to Xen and xend?

Mike