Re: [Xen-API] non-persistent stunnel connections

  • To: 'Thomas Gazagnaire' <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:37:10 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:37:29 +0000

[cc:d Rok]

> > Is that happening a lot?
>
> yes, it for each connection between that slave and the master, multiple
> times per second (so a lot of spams in the slave logs). The are two
> kinds of failures:
>
> * check_reusable: caught exception
> Http_client.Http_request_rejected("{ frame = false; method = POST; uri
> = /; query = [  ]; content_length = [  ]; transfer encod
> ing = ; version = 1.1; cookie = [  ]; task = ; subtask_of = ; content-
> type = ; host = ; user_agent = xen-api-libs/1.0 }"); assuming not
> reusable
> * check_reusable: caught exception Unix.Unix_error(31, "write", "");
> assuming not reusable

That's very suspicious. I was just talking to Rok about a very similar
phenomenon in his rrd daemon.

I suspect that the stunnel connection cache is completely ineffective because
the connections are always timed-out or closed. I think in the long term we
should get rid of all this stuff and switch to something more transparent,
perhaps by establishing permanent port-forwards when a host joins a pool. Or
perhaps we could do something interesting where we create a management VPN
using the openvswitch somehow.

In the short term we should either disable this buggy mechanism or figure out
how to fix it...

Cheers,
Dave