[Xen-API] CDROM not shown up inside guest VM on ubuntu 12.04 dom0

  • To: "'xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Edison Su <Edison.su@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:04:20 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 02:05:04 +0000

Hi,

    I almost root caused al the previous issues, now VM created, vnc console works. Another critical issue coming up: guest VM can’t find its cdrom device.

    From guest /var/log/message, There are error messages  like “XENBUS: Timeout connecting to device : device/vbd”. VM is too slow? Will it be a reason, as I am running Ubuntu dom0 inside a Virtualbox VM?

    BTW, I am trying to install Cloudstack + XÇP on Ubuntu 12.04 dom0 inside a VirtualBox VM, then hopefully can create PV VMs managed by CloudStack. The main purpose is to setup a simple/easy to use/ but powerful development environment for CloudStack. I choose XCP+Xen over pure-QEMU as the hypervisor, as I think PV VM will be faster than pure-QEMU.

   Hope I can get help from you guys, thanks.