Re: [Xen-API] device disappeared from xenstore

Jon,

I've attached a snippet from my syslog.

My current status is I reinstalled again and this time tried to install an ubuntu vm using the instructions here (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Installing_Linux_on_Kronos)

I get the same error:

the device disappeared from xenstore (frontend (domid=1 | kind=vbd | devid=51712); backend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712)) ]

In the syslog you'll see some other errors:

May 2 13:27:51 kronos xapi: [ info|kronos|0 thread_zero||watchdog] (Re)starting xapi...
May 2 13:27:51 kronos xapi: [ warn|kronos|0 thread_zero|server_init D:2539aa6797cb|startup] task [Checking control domain] exception: Xenctrl.Error("Unable to open XC interface")
May 2 13:27:51 kronos xapi: [error|kronos|0 thread_zero||xapi] Caught exception at toplevel: 'Xenctrl.Error("Unable to open XC interface")'
May 2 13:27:51 kronos xcp-fe: 2810 (/usr/sbin/xapi -nowatchdog -writereadyfile /var/run/xapi_startup.cookie -writ...) exitted with code 2

I always get errors on startup.  My process has been to log in and run /usr/lib/xcp/bin/xe-toolstack-restart which seems to get all of the services into a functional state.

I'm trying to persevere but I've been at this for a couple of weeks now and nothing has worked.  I don't doubt it's somehow my lack of understanding but I'm not sure where to turn.  Do you think my PC could somehow just not be compatible?  That sounds crazy to me but I'm grasping at straws.  Or do some people have better luck with Ubuntu than Debian?

Thanks,

Dave