Re: [Xen-API] Unable to view squeeze graphical console

Hi Medhavini,

thank you for replying Denis.

you are welcome :-)

I have installed Debian Squeeze using the template given by XCP and then
using network repository mirror.

so that is a pv install.

Actually I had initially installed Debian Lenny using the same
procedure. I was also able to get the graphical console for it using
steps given in documentation (editing gdm.config, etc). But when I
wanted to create a VM of Lenny again I found that its removed from the
repository. So I tried to follow the same steps for Squeeze. But I was
unable to get graphical console.

if you still have the lenny vm around and urging for a graphical frame buffer, you can export/import it on your new server.

The citrix template list is quite restrictive, but I guess it is the template list with commercial support from citrix. You can install many other non listed os without much hassle actually.

For the squeeze PV vm, you can convert it to HVM so you have a graphical frame buffer. I think the following line should do it (you may also have to set your hard drive to "bootable") :

xe vm-param-set HVM-boot-policy="BIOS order" uuid=<vm uuid>
xe vm-param-set PV-args=""  uuid=<vm uuid>
xe vm-param-set PV-bootloader-args=""  uuid=<vm uuid>

Also one more weird thing that I observed is I couldn't find menu.lst in
my Squeeze. Is this normal (as I am doing this first time I really don't
know much) ?? I did not get any error during installation.

Grub 2?

Cheers,

Denis

Thank you.

This body part will be downloaded on demand.

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems