Re: [Xen-API] [Openstack] XENAPI_PLUGIN_FAILURE with kronos

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, my understanding of Quantum is that it's for Openstack + KVM, and
that XCP doesn't need it, as the xcp-networkd will do the vFlows work by
itself. Am I right? How does it work?

As an FYI, there's nothing KVM-specific about Quantum.  I know of significant deployments of Quantum on both KVM and XenServer platforms with OpenStack.

I'm not familiar with xcp-networkd so I can't really provide a comparison, but at a high-level Quantum is about exposing an API for tenant control of networking, and allowing different technologies to act as pluggable backends to implement this generic network API.

Dan

BTW, I'm writing an automated script, inspired from Ghe's debostack, for
setting-up a domU that would connect to XCP. I might be a good idea to
run this as a Jenkins job. Once I have the above working (eg: Openstack
working with Kronos), I'll share the script, so we always make sure
everything works.

Let me know,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)