[Xen-API] Debian Local Storage/CD Sr

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Paul Pridt <p.pridt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:59:45 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:00:07 +0000

Hi,
Currently I am in the process of evaluating Debian Wheezy and xcp-xapi, since the performance of both XCP 1.5 and Citrix Xenserver is very poor, compared to the "old" xm stack. In Citrix Xenserver and in XCP 1.5 there are 2 SRs for local storage and cd, appearantly built by udev. It seems that the drivers are there in Debian, since I found them in /usr/lib/xcp/sm as part of the xcp-storage-managers package.
There are, however, no udev rules.
Whey I try to create the SR, I get the following messages:

The SR could not be connected because the driver was not recognised.
driver: udev

Has somebody managed to create these SRs?
Paul