Re: [Xen-API] redundant xcp server with drbd

Hi Andreas,

Hi there maybe have a look at GlusterFs -

We have a running setup here (8 Nodes, 100 VMs) that share localstorage
- but we use GlusterFS (running in Dom0 - yes something you should not
do under no circumstances I know) instead of DRBD - and of course there
is no iSCSI or other block-level storage in this set-up but NFS or just
a BIG folder of apparently local Storage using native glusterFS that
works well by now

- maybe you'll have alook at such an option ...

definitly looks interesting ! Moreover you can use thin provisioning with real thin vhd :-) How is the setup behaving in disaster recovery scenarios?

If you severe the link in between the two servers and the vhd needs to grow, how does the slave server knows the next few blocks are still available and have not been handed down to another vhd on the master server?

Cheers,

Denis

Gruss

Andreas Balg

Am Dienstag, 06. März 2012 11:22 CET, George Shuklin