[Xen-API] redundant xcp server with drbd

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if any of you had some experience with building a redundant xcp/xenserver cluster based on drbd. In this setup I would like to avoid a separate iscsi SAN, and have replicated local storage.

There are docs on the internet showing how to set up a dual primary drbd SR on xenserver/xcp. It works fine with live migration and all, but when trying disaster scenario, like severing the drbd replication link, one gets a split brain scenario that cannot be unsolved. It should be doable if xapi had a smart understanding of drbd, but currently it is just a SR like others. So it is a no-go for the time being.

I also tried a drbd primary-secondary scenario, with re-export with iet iscsi target, but for the moment I have unresolved performance issues (will try also with scst target).

So I wanted to know if any of you had any experience or hints with this kind of setup : a dual active/active XCP servers with local SR replicated with primary-secondary DRBD, re-exported with iscsi or aoe or whatever.

Cheers,

Denis Cardon

--
Denis Cardon