[Xen-API] Shrinking VDI disk-size in XCP 1.0

Hello Everyone,

I am doing a graduation level project auto provisioning portal using XCP 1.0.
I want to provide facility of down scaling/up scaling the memory(i.e. resizing VDI at backend).
I can easily increase the size of the vdi by vdi-resize but when i try to shrink the disk-size it gives an "SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_79" error and says unable to shrink.
I read somewhere that for versions greater than xcp 0.5 xenconvert can be used. But I have to do these operations using xen management api's through portal. So is there any CLI or RPC which can help me do this.
Am I doing anything wrong or is there any other approach which can lead me toward my goal?

Please help I am stuck here.

Thank you.