Re: [Xen-API] [XCP] [kronos] missed nfs-common dependence

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:36:39 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:01:08 +0000

On 01/15/2012 03:30 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
> OK, sorry, miss that.
>
> But idea to split packages to separate SM's is still actual. If you
> install storage-manager, you expect it will provide same as normal XCP
> (xe sr-create and it works), but this is not completely true: You will
> need to set up some other packages, so using hard dependence for
> something like xcp-storage-manager-nfs and suggest for
> xcp-strorage-manager-nfs in dependence of xcp-storage-manager will be
> better, IMHO.

IMO (and that's the one of many Debian contributors and
developers), you expect users to read the README.Debian
which documents all this. I just added few lines about it in it.

Now, if we have a separate xcp-storage-manager-nfs and
xcp-storage-manager-samba, then these wouldn't be mandatory
(eg: not hard dependencies), so it wouldn't change anything.

Best would be if xe-mount-iso-sr was checking if there is the
needed software installed by default, and was throwing a nice
error message telling what to do (eg: apt-get install) if the
relevant packages are missing.

Thomas

P.S: No need to Cc: me, I'm registered to the list.