[Xen-API] CentOS RPMS on XCP (temperature monitoring)

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jordan Tomkinson <jordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:12:55 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:13:13 +0000

Hi list,

I know there has been some threads in the past about using CentOS/RedHat RPMS on XCP and I understand that XCP has its own SDK for drivers and kernel related packages.
I want to be able to monitor temperatures on our XCP server, to do this i need 3 packages: lm_sensors, smartmontools and mailx

as these are fairly simple packages, would I be OK to install the RPMS from the original CentOS 5 i386 mirror ?
can anyone foresee any breakages by installing these packages?
is there a better way to obtain CPU/disk temperatures from XCP?

Jordan