Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] CrossPoolMigration

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Storage motion is something that we are prototyping for XCP/XenServer.
> It will not be a part of the Xen hypervisor. We'll probably start more
> work on the prototype in January, and we'll post details of our
> implementation plan to this list.

Is still based on drbd and tap, as in the wiki page? If yes, it'd be
... interesting (to say the least) to see how these issues will be
handled:
- space for drbd metadata:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-internals.html#s-metadata
- performance penalty and choice of replication modes:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/s-replication-protocols.html
- general tap issues (qdisk vs module, vanilla vs patched 2.6.32, etc.)

--
Fajar