Re: [Xen-API] Query regarding XCP installation.

On 20/12/11 14:05, Medhavini Buchade wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am doing a graduation project - "Auto provisioning portal" using
> XCP(1.0). I have some doubt regarding the same. I have a laptop with
> required HW configurations and Ubuntu(10.10) installed on it. I thee
> made may laptop boot from cd that had Base iso package to install XCP.
> Now it says that it has successfully installed XCP. I can also see the
> cloud images and all. But I can no more access my Ubuntu. Is this normal
> or was there any problem in installation or while those device drivers
> were getting loaded. As I am doing such a project for first time I have
> these doubts and I am stuck.
>
> Thank you.

Hi Medhavini,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it is.

XCP 1.0 is a full operating system distribution. When you install XCP,
it rewrites your partitions and installs itself over whatever was on
your disk.

I really hope you had back ups of your data, because I don't think
you'll be able to recover your Ubuntu system.

Mike