Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] XCP 1.5 availability

On 08/12/11 20:35, Carlos Eduardo Tavares Terra wrote:
> Mike,
> Project Kronos is going to be more 'actual' than XCP? Should I migrate
> from XCP to Kronos?

No, you should not migrate from the XCP appliance to Project Kronos,
unless you have need to do so. Project Kronos is just an alternate
delivery form for XCP. Currently, we consider it in beta form, and not
all features of XCP are supported in Kronos yet. We expect that over the
next year, the XCP appliance and XCP on Debian and Ubuntu will reach
feature parity.

The benefits of Kronos are that you have the option of keeping up with
the development version of the XCP toolstack, and you get to install it
on your distro of choice (well, as long as you choose either Debian or
Ubuntu). The benefits of the XCP appliance are that it is an easy to
install appliance, it is much closer to bit-for-bit parity with
XenServer, and as such benefits from the intense testing that Citrix
performs on XenServer.

Neither one will be "better" than the other, but each has it's own
distinct advantages over the other.

Mike