[Xen-API] Joining a destroyed host again to the resource pool WAS: Fwd: Issue XCP 1.1: Shared LVM SR - unavailable host leaves VDI attached RW (xe vdi-introduce not available)

Dear Scott,
Dear List,

@Scott: that is good to now. What means later xapi builds? I am using
XCP 1.1. I tried various attemps (even restarting the machine - I think
also after the host-forget command).

Now I am currenlty facing the converse issue: Since I did a host-destroy
(in my last attempt to correct the power-state), the host is erased from
the resource pool metadata. But I want to simply add the again working
host to its old resource pool without having to make a clean sweep.

What is a good way to rejoin a destroyed host without compromising the
resource pool and the current master?
Can I somehow convert a server that was formerly part of resource pool
to be standalone again and then proceed as if it was a fresh installation?

Thanks,
Jakob