Re: [Xen-API] Re: XCP BETA BUG: bridge, kernel panic

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 07:53:44PM +0200, S?bastien Riccio wrote:
> [demonstration of trivial OOPS on "brctl addbr" with OVS 1.0.2]
>
> That was kinda trivial to reproduce it. If it's a bug of version
> 1.0.2 and as they are currently working hard to release the next XCP
> version, it could be a good thing to have it upgraded to a recent
> version like 1.1.2 or 1.2.1.

I'm confused about why 1.0.2 is (still?) in XCP.  Open vSwitch has a
special branch for Citrix, which we created at request from Citrix,
that is much closer to 1.1 than to 1.0.  It is named "vlan-maint" and
available from the regular Open vSwitch repository.  It reports
version 1.0.99.  If Citrix isn't using it, then I don't know why it is
there.

Mike, do I misunderstand what's going on?

Thanks,

Ben.