Re: [Xen-API] missing ebtalbes and arp_tables modules in XCP's dom0 linux

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Roman Bogorodskiy
<bogorodskiy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Todd Deshane wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Roman Bogorodskiy
>> <bogorodskiy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to deploy openstack's nova on XCP. I hit the problem that
>> > nova agent stuff that needs to be run in dom0 requires arptables and
>> > ebtables to function.
>>
>> Are you trying to install Nova on XCP dom0? If so that is not possible
>> with the XCP appliance version of XCP.
>
> No, I installed Nova into VM, not on dom0 (I followed the guide you
> linked beyond). It is the plugins that I have problems with. Basically,
> I followed this document:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hudson-openstack/nova/cactus/view/head:/plugins/xenserver/doc/networking.rst
>

>From that link it says:
"XenServer 5.6 FP1 didn't include physdev, ebtables, or arptables but they do
  have a Cloud Supplemental pack available to partners which swaps out the
  kernels for kernels that support the networking rules."

So this is actually a kernel issue.

Ewan: is the "Cloud Supplemental pack" something that is still
available and usable with XCP 1.1 (based on XenServer 5.6 SP 2) or is
a recompilation of the kernel necessary? Has this been fixed with
XenServer 6 (Boston) that we will be the basis for the XCP release
(1.5 or 2.0) on?

Thanks,
Todd