[Xen-API] FW: [xen-org/xen-api] 66083e: CA-63739: Fix console handling after reboot/migrat...

Hi xen-api,

As of changeset 66083ee70 in xen-org/xen-api master there is experimental
support for pure PV text consoles.

It's now possible to type:

$ xe console vm=myvm

to attach to the console, just like "xm console" and "xl console". This avoids
having to mess around with port-forwarding and VNC, making debugging a lot
easier.

From the XenAPI point of view, a PV guest now has 2 consoles, one with
protocol=rfb and one with protocol=vt100. The vncterm VNC is still available
via the protocol=rfb console.

Many thanks to Ewan Mellor (cc:d) who provided the necessary changes to vncterm
to make this work!

Furthermore for the really adventurous, there is experimental experimental
support for PVFB, activated by setting the option:

$ xe vm-param-set uuid=... platform:pvfb=true

Anecdotally this worked quite well for me when I installed a debian squeeze VM.

Cheers,
Dave Scott