Re: [Xen-API] XCP xen-api build error

On 15/07/11 15:46, Matthias Blankenhaus wrote:
Hi Sergei,

I am indeed using Ocaml 3.11 as it comes with CentOS5.5 / 32bit.  I have tried building before with Ocaml 3.12, but then I ran into type-conv lib problems.  I have posted my findings on this list about that recently.
Going the CentOS5.5 / 32 bit route got me much farther then before, thus I'd like to continue on that path.

Which OCaml pkgs, besides ocaml itself,  do I need to update to move to 3.12 ?

Here is what I currently have installed:

# rpm -qa |grep ocaml
ocaml-type-conv-1.6.8-unknown
ocaml-findlib-1.1.2pl1-unknown
ocaml-xmlm-devel-1.0.2-unknown
ocaml-getopt-20040811-unknown
ocaml-xmlm-1.0.2-unknown
ocaml-3.11.0-unknown

Here is what I get from ocamlfind in my build environment (this is for building xen-api/master and xen-api-libs/master on the xen-org github repo):

type-conv           (version: 2.0.1)
xmlm                (version: 1.0.2)
findlib             (version: 1.2.6)
getopt              (version: 20040420)

We are also using OCaml 3.12, but I don't believe that we're taking advantage of any new features, so it might be possible to still use 3.11 to build. Having said that, I would highly recommend using OCaml 3.12.0.

If you want to build xapi on Debian Sid, then you'll need to use Jon Ludlam's 'debian' branches on his github repos for xen-api[-libs]: https://github.com/jonludlam

Mike