[Xen-API] XCP BETA BUG: Network Connection Lost

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Chad Homan <choman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:14:21 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:16:37 -0700

First off, I know this is a bit of an unorthodox way to resolve this.  But seeing as how XCP 1.1 is about to
be released into the wild.  I felt I had to take this approach, so my apologies up front.

I have tried running XCP 1.0 in the last few months and have a strange issue. The physical IFC somehow
gets taken offline and what I believe is the primary virtual IFC ends up with my network address.  Again, let
me apologize as this is the best description I have at the moment

So, the install I did was pretty much stock defaults.  Other then that I turned on Remote Access.

If this is a dumb configuration issue, let me know what it is and I will quietly crawl back under my rock.

If this is a known bug with 1.0 and it is resolved in 1.1.   I am over-excited with joy and "patiently" waiting
the final release of XCP 1.1.  go team ;)

If this is an unknown bug, then I am glad to report it here.  And I hope we can find a resolution before
XCP 1.1 final.

Thanks in advance
--
Chad, CISSP, Star 500