Re: [Xen-API] Accessing xentore data created by VM.add_to_xenstore_data

I tried the code below and the data isn't created in xenstore:

<code>
VM.add_to_xenstore_data(vm_ref, 'data/description', description)
</code>

In Host, I checked the vmid to use in xenstore in guest shell:

<host_shell>
 # xl list
xen-vmd24                                   18  1024     6        r--      9.2
</host_shell>

And also I checked the xenstore-data vm-params:

<host_shell>
# xe vm-param-get uuid=9b6f6aec-5be0-54cf-077f-131cd8a49d5a
param-name=xenstore-data
data/description: data of description
</host_shell>

Checking if the data was write in xenstore and is available to read in VM:

<vm_shell>
l# xenstore-list /local/domain/18/data
meminfo_total
meminfo_free
os_name
os_majorver
os_minorver
os_uname
os_distro
updated
</vm_shell>

Some idea how can I use this feature?

Cheers

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM, George Shuklin
<george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Use relative paths inside VM.
>
> For example:
>
> xenstore-write data/foo bar
> xenstore-ls data
>
> PS If you are using XCP, dig into xe guest tools, they do many operations
> with xenstore from guest machine from shell scripts.
>

> On 14.07.2011 02:00, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
>>
>> Hi George:
>>
>> I don't want to access the data from host, my interest is access this
>> from VM shell as I explained in last mail.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM, George Shuklin
>> <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> Âwrote:
>>>
>>> We now using libxs to access xenstore directly on host.
>>>
>>> xapi is not very reliable way to get this access (f.e. if master is down,
>>> centralized access is unavailable, but xenstore on hosts still works
>>> fine),
>>> and not very fast, actually.

Marco Sinhoreli